For more than six months, a revolution has been brewing in Sudan, the devastating loss of life has been felt around the world. People from all over Sudan are protesting for their right to live, their right to afford to live and their right to a democratic government.
Join Larissa Waters and the Sudanese Diaspora Network on Friday 19 July as we open dialogue on the revolution in Sudan, and how Australian Communities can work together to support the democratic rights of our Sudanese brothers and sisters, whose spirit will not be suppressed.
The women of Sudan have stepped forward in their fight against an oppressive government and led much of the revolution, giving unwavering strength to their fellow activists. Together with the Sudanese Community in Australia we can show our support and give a louder voice to those whose stories have been silenced for months.
This event is open to anyone with an interest in a fairer society, and everyone is welcome to come along. You don’t have to know anything about politics to join us.
This event is free, and we encourage you to invite friends and family who may be interested in joining the conversation.
The event will feature a panel of young community leaders who were involved in the social media and online revolution, to be announced soon.
Some things to keep in mind:
- People of all backgrounds are encouraged to attend
- If you need an AUSLAN interpreter, be sure to let us know! We work with a great interpreter for public events, but we will only book her if we’re certain there’s someone who requires sign language. Please let us know.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible. For more information on access issues, please call the Senate Office on 3367 0566.
- Light refreshments will be provided including vegan, gluten-free and halal options.
- There is some parking space available.
- There is public transport near the venue, with the Milton train station a short walk away. Train lines stopping frequently are the Ipswich and Springfield services. Bus routes 411, 415, 416, 417, 433, 445, 460 and 444 stop within a short walking distance from the location.
Do you have questions?
Senator Larissa Waters' Office:
Drop Josie a line on email@example.com, or call 3367 0566
Sudanese Diaspora Network:
Call Sara Ahmed on 0434741718
MILTON QLD 4064